Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF

A cold, blistery day today with lots of sunshine to provide a little warmth, although with the cold, brisk air one could hardly feel any warmth. But, It was a glorious day to be outside enjoying the fresh air and cool, Autumn Breezes.

 Let's see, I managed to get out and do some errands today, such as go grocery shopping, go to the Bank and drive over to the Post Ofice. Which reminds me, I need to start sending out my Holiday cards soon. I guess I'll be hitting the Card stores tomorrow, or maybe I may just make my own cards this year? We will see...It all depends on whether I am in a creative mood in the coming weeks! :-)

According to an article in USA Today, The jurors have reached No Verdict against Michael Jackson's doctors court case....I am really getting interested in this case now! I wonder whether the jury will find the doctor innocent or guilty? I guess we will have to wait and see in the coming days, weeks or months!
" The jury of seven men and five women spent 6 hours and 8 minutes considering the evidence in the jury room. They will resume deliberations Monday."


And, in other news, It looks as though Herman cain's accuser is threatening him with Sexual Harassment. Personally, I don't what is up with these Political men these days? Why can't they just keep their zipper closed and mouths shut regarding sexually harassing a co-worker or acquintance? This is completely crazy! " in 1999 I was retained by a female employee of the National Restaurant Association concerning several instances of sexual harassment by the then-CEO.
She made a complaint in good faith about a series of inappropriate behaviors and unwanted advances by the CEO"
According to an USA Today article, it looks as though President Obama's jobs Bill looks a lot like Former Ronald Reagan's jobs bill....Hmm, I guess President Obama is trying to fix a problem with an Old Solution. Hey, I say if it worked for Reagan, then it will work Obama! 
"The comparison to Reagan is more eye-catching, Prakken said. Reagan's 2.4 million new jobs from the bottom of the 1982 recession were achieved in a smaller economy.
On the other hand, Obama inherited an economy halfway through shedding 8.8 million jobs when he took office. It was burdened with much more public and private debt, hamstrung by budget deficits, chaos in a housing sector that led the 1984 recovery and the fact that interest rates are already at historic lows, Prakken added."
And, The case against SInger Justin Beiber fathering a child with a woman who claims to have had a relationship with the singer...Personally, I think this woman is CRAZY but one never knows? Maybe Justin Beiber did have a relationship or maybe He didn't? And, Maybe Justin is the Father or maybe He isn't? The answer will be revealed as time marches on..
" In the case of Bieber, his alleged adult paramour insists that he was a willing participant and that they were mutually attracted to each other when she asked to meet him after a concert on the night of October 25, 2010. That instant connection, according to Yeager, led to a 30-second tryst in a bathroom. What is most striking is that there is no indication that she views herself as pursuing a child for sex. Perhaps the thinking goes, he is not a child, but a celebrity. By extension, she is not a child rapist, but a type of sexual celebrity tourist."
And, I found an interesting article on Care2 web site, which informs 10 Reasons to Take Nutritional Supplements
 Well, I have to get ready to run more errands. Hmm, I have a feeling this Weekend will not be all Fun as I anticipate but rather a lot of work to be done-But We will see because only Time will Tell! And with that, I'd like to leave you with a Folk Tale that I heard many years ago as a child. It is titled, " The Man Who Never Lied."  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I was a youngster, and it taught me a valuable lesson as well. Peace and Have a Blessed Day!
" Once upon a time there lived a wise man by the name of Mamad. He never lied. All the people in the land, even the ones who lived twenty days away, knew about him.
The king heard about Mamad and ordered his subjects to bring him to the palace. He looked at the wise man and asked:
" Mamad, is it true, that you have never lied?"
" It's true."
"And you will never lie in your life?"
" I'm sure in that."
"Okay, tell the truth, but be careful! The lie is cunning and it gets on your tongue easily."
Several days passed and the king called Mamad once again. There was a big crowd: the king was about to go hunting. The king held his horse by the mane, his left foot was already on the stirrup. He ordered Mamad:
"Go to my summer palace and tell the queen I will be with her for lunch. Tell her to prepare a big feast. You will have lunch with me then."
Mamad bowed down and went to the queen. Then the king laughed and said:
"We won't go hunting and now Mamad will lie to the queen. Tomorrow we will laugh on his behalf."
But the wise Mamad went to the palace and said:
"Maybe you should prepare a big feast for lunch tomorrow, and maybe you shouldn't. Maybe the king will come by noon, and maybe he won't."
"Tell me will he come, or won't he?" - asked the queen.
"I don't know weather he put his right foot on the stirrup, or he put his left foot on the ground after I left."
Everybody waited for the king. He came the next day and said to the queen:
"The wise Mamad, who never lies, lied to you yesterday."
But the queen told him about the words of Mamad. And the king realized, that the wise man never lies, and says only that, which he saw with his own eyes. "



\



No comments:

Post a Comment