Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gloomy kind of Day

A gloomy kind of day...and the perfect day to just sleep. But I had to wake up and perform errands during the day, as well as, work. I am starting to feel like that Calgon commercial " Take Me Away."

 Anyway, I managed to get a lot accomplished today considering the clouds dominated the day keeping the sun at bay for the whole day. And, I came across an interesting article on the Care2 web site which list the top pets for children. One of the pets considered were mice...Eweee! I hate Mice but I guess some people love them and think they are cute.  Here is a snippet of the article " Allowing your children to have pets starting at an early age is a great way to teach them how to handle responsibility. More than that, children who grow up taking care of at least one pet tend to adopt a more caring attitude towards animals and other people. It is easy to see why having pets around is an important part of raising children."


And, In other news, according to an article in USA Today Online Editon, NASA is preparing to launch a rocket to Mars to see whether life exists on the planet. Hmm, Interesting! Imagine life existing in Outer Space on another Planet..I wonder what they would think of our life on Planet Earth?
The space agency's $2.5 billion Mars Science Laboratory "Curiosity" rover will reignite the search for signs that Red Planet could have harbored, or still could harbor, life forms, mission scientists say."


Well, I really don't feel much like writing on the Blog today...My Psyche is kind of like the gloomy weather of today. But I will leave you with a story. :-) Today's story is of a "Talking Mule" Enjoy!

"Talking Mule"

S. E. Schlosser
A farmer owned a mule which he used for work all week. But being a Church-going man, he let the mule rest on Sunday.
One Sunday, the farmer had to go to a funeral. So he sent his son to saddle the mule.
"Since when do I have to work on Sunday?" asked the mule.
The boy dropped the saddle and ran to the house.
"Paw, the mule talked!" he shouted.
"Can't you even saddle the mule?" asked the farmer.
"But Paw, the mule don't want to work on Sunday," the boy protested.
The farmer sent the boy to his room for talking crazy and went out to saddle the mule.
"Move over," he said to the mule.
"Where's my supper?" asked the mule.
The farmer dropped the saddle in the same spot as his boy and ran out of the barn, followed by the dog.
"I ain't never heard a mule talk before," he gasped.
"Me neither," said the dog.
The man bolted for the house and slammed the door.
"The mule talked!" he told his wife.
"What!" said his wife.
"And when I exclaimed: 'I ain't never heard a mule talk before', the dog said: 'Me neither'."
"That's crazy," said his wife.
"What's so crazy about that?" asked the cat. "Haven't you ever heard of a talking mule?"




No comments:

Post a Comment