Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Rainy and Gloomy day

As I lie in the bed, I could hear the roar of the Thunder and the pitter patter of Rain as it fell from the sky! The Thunder slowly faded but the rain continued for most of the day and in the early evening. But the day still felt gloomy and dreary! 
I read an interesting article printed in the Online Edition of USA Today regarding the Merck company and the troubled Heart Drug. 
 " The study was aimed at preventing repeat heart attacks and strokes in people who had already suffered one or were in danger of one because of hardened arteries in their legs.
The drug, vorapaxar, lowered the risk of those problems but also raised the risk of major bleeding, including dangerous bleeding in the head, which largely canceled out the drug's benefit."
And, Geraldo Rivera is weighing in on the 17 yr old who was killed in Florida last month...According to an article published in USA Today, Riviera says  "Trayvon Martin, God bless him, an innocent kid, a wonderful kid, a box of Skittles in his hands. He didn't deserve to die. But I bet you money, if he didn't have that hoodie on, that nutty neighborhood watch guy wouldn't have responded in that violent and aggressive way," Rivera said. 
ok, I respect what Geraldo is saying but i have my doubts...So, Basically people don't have the freedom to wear what they want to wear without being labelled? So, I can't put on a pair of jeans without someone thinking that I may be a Thug and try to kill me? I don't think so Geraldo....What happened to this kid is tragic and the Zimmerman wasn't using common sense and He even broke the law by following Trayvon...it is even written in the handbook given out to people who volunteer as Neighborhood Crime Watchers!! 
On a positive note, I thought this was an interesting story published in USA Today. Checklist helps keep heart patients out of hospital...."  The list prompts doctors to make sure that patients understand when and how to take their medications, for example, and how to monitor their blood pressure and modify their diet and exercise."
The photo above is of my Horse Farm...I took it one morning after looking out the window and saw the beauty. It looked so serene and peaceful to me...and I love to watch the Horses running the pasture in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment