Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Glorious Saturday

My weekend has begun and what a glorious morning it is..I woke up feeling fine like a spring rose!! Then, I headed outside to fetch the mail and felt the humid air although it is not that hot. If only the humdity level would drop it would be a perfect day!! 
I don't have anything on the agenda but that could change as the day progresses...and the Olympics have started in London!! American swimmer, Michael Phelps, is suppose too take to the pool to compete!  According to an article in USA Today,"  Phelps on Saturday morning qualified for the eighth and final spot in tonight's final of the 400 individual medley. That puts him in an outside lane tonight."
I will have to keep an eye out and I'll be cheering on the American boy and Maryland native!!
And, If you'd like to see what event is coming up check out this page at USA Today with all the highlights and it provides which events compete for a medal. 

In other news, A Maryland Man who planned a Mass shooting event and called himself the 'Joker" has been detained. Geesh, I wonder about the mental state of some people!! If you'd like to read more about this bizarre story, check out article in the Baltimore Sun Online edition here.

I read an interesting article on the Online edition of Catholic Review regarding smiling and increasing one's happiness. A brief summary states "  “Children smile about 400 times a day. Only a third of grown-ups smile more than 20 times a day, and less than 14 percent muster a grin more than five times in 24 hours. Smiling can reduce the level of stress while increasing mood-enhancing hormones like endorphins.”"

Well, I am about to go check out the London Olympics and watch the sporting event. And, I may even get to see the Queen of England!!  Also, Why not view the lovely graphic pages that I have created above and below this post...and Have a Blessed Day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment